GUANO CLEANING SPECIALISTS
Reading's expert Rooftop & Premises cleaning service
Maintain pristine premises! Bird Guano, otherwise known as bird droppings/fouling creates health, safety and environmental issues as well as damaging to your company image due to unsightly premises, signage and damaged/soiled goods. We can provide additional complimentary services, such as proofing, spiking and netting, either individually or as part of a package of solutions.
REDUCE THE RISK
To your Health, Safety and Environment
Guano handling/cleaning requires measures to be put in place to protect staff, contractors and public. There are health and safety regulations regarding the handling of bird guano and these can be found within the following regulations.
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992, Regulation 3
- The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/2932)
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1994
PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH BIRD GUANO
- Pathogenic transmission to humans of harmful bacteria and viral infections contained in guano, there are 3 diseases known to be associated with bird guano, Histoplasmosis, Cryptococcosis and Psittacosis – all represent a risk to human health.
- Histoplasmosis and Cryptococcosis are fungal diseases that grow in the droppings and soil.
- Psittacosis is a bacterial disease that spreads when guano dries and guano particles become airborne and are inhaled
- Wet guano creates a Slip hazard to people working or visiting a contaminated area, this can lead to fall situations with people working at height.
- Feathers, nesting material and guano is a cause of secondary insect infestation throughout a building, the eggs and larvae of blood sucking mites and Lice live in the nests, guano and feathers.
- The acidic nature of guano can lead to permanent staining of brickwork, metal and plastic pipework, and signs, leading to higher cleaning and repair bills.
- Air con and rooftop engineers refuse to work in areas that are contaminated with guano.
- Water damage from blocked gutters and drains, leading to large bills and loss of business time, damaged goods etc
THE PROFESSIONAL APPROACH
Pestpro Bird solutions your local Experts have many years’ experience carrying out specialist Bio-Cleaning and disinfection of contaminated areas.
We ensure that Guano and nesting material is first removed from site and disposed of appropriately, followed by a thorough clean down and treatment with a specialised Avian Biocide disinfectant.
Once cleared and cleaned, the area can then be Bird Proofed in order to deter birds and any further build-up of guano.
Pestpro Bird Solutions are a registered Waste Carrier for disposal of waste.