Expert non-invasive data capture for Ground Nesting Birds
A perfect first step in your ground-nesting bird management programme. Using a combination of trained working animals and precision data capture technology, we at PestPro Bird Solutions can provide you with a service that accurately detects and records ground nesting bird activity on your premises without harmfully disturbing the nests themselves. Whether you are interested for LPA or other purposes, this service is proven to be valued and effective.
KNOW YOUR ENVIRONMENT
Law & Regulation regarding wild birds
Whether you’re curious to carry out surveys for ornithological purposes or in preparation for a development project, it is important that you know about the environment you’re working with, as well as the law’s that protect animals that may be present within it. All bird species in the UK are protected by law under the Countryside and Wildlife Act 1981. It is an offence (with certain exceptions) to:
- intentionally kill, injure or take any wild bird
- intentionally take, damage or destroy the nest of any wild bird whilst it is in use or being built
- intentionally take or destroy the egg of any wild bird
- intentionally or recklessly disturb any wild bird listed on Schedule 1 while it is nest building, or at a nest containing eggs or young, or disturb the dependent young of such a bird
Our staff are trained in carrying out non-invasive, efficient ecological surveys resulting in a range of benefits including gps data capture for all marked nests in the surveyed area.
TRIED AND TESTED TECHNIQUES
Effective, non-invasive data capture services
Our expert survey teams are comprised of fully trained technicians and working ‘pointer’, ‘setter’ and sniffer dogs. The working dogs used are trained to pick up on the scent of birds on the wind, at which point they will slowly and surely lead their handler (technician) as close as they can to where the bird is situated or nested. They slow their pace the closer they get, eventually coming to a complete stand still when they believe they are directly in front of the nesting bird. It is at this point that the handling technician will check to see if there is, in fact, a ground nesting bird and if so, take note of the coordinates using GPS Data Mapping. This practice allows us to produce clear reports, giving our client’s a clear understanding of ground-nesting bird activity on their premises.
WHAT COMES NEXT?
Book a consultation today Planned mitigation programmes
PestPro Bird solutions skilled team members can design an operational mitigation plan in order for your projects to run smoothly whilst we deal with the wildlife welfare issues and law, we can provide you with the following services for your project:
- Legislative and Licensing Consultants
- Operational programmes designed for Bird management operations – ground nesting displacement
- Bird Surveys
- GPS Data Mapping data imputed into GIS reports
- Habitat management – Horticultural services
- Environment Conservation – Surveys & build services to create alternative safe zones to support involved species
- Bird strike mitigation programmes
- Risk assessment management